What is Invisalign?
Invisalign takes a modern approach to straightening teeth with a series of custom-made aligners created specifically for the structure of your teeth. Invisalign is an excellent option for minor treatment purposes.
After taking a mold of your teeth, custom-made aligner trays are manufactured for your unique fit, and work to gradually straighten misaligned teeth without having to resort to traditional braces that use brackets and wires. The aligner trays are made of smooth, comfortable and virtually invisible plastic that slip on over your teeth. They gradually shift your teeth into proper position based on the exact movements your orthodontist plans out for you. Every two weeks patients upgrade to a new set of aligners as their teeth straighten out.
Some of the advantages patients have found when using Invisalign include:
- 100% custom-made to fit your mouth;
- More comfortable than traditional braces;
- No gum irritation as a result of brackets and wire;
- Clear aligners are virtually invisible to the eye, even in photos;
- Aligners are removable, meaning you do not have to limit the type of food and drink you consume;
- Removability means neither brushing nor flossing is inhibited;
- You’ll achieve a great smile with little interference in your day-to-day activities;
- People won’t even know you’re straightening your teeth
Lingual braces are recommended as the optimal choice in invisible orthodontic treatment for its speed and effectiveness. , differentIncognito Hidden / Lingual Braces by 3m
Invisible braces, also known as incognito hidden (lingual) braces, are a great option for patients who may not be candidates for Invisalign treatment, but do not wish their braces to be visible. These customized braces are bonded to the inside (lingual side) of your teeth, allowing them to sit behind your teeth, hidden from view.
Incognito braces are created using advanced technology allowing your orthodontist to customize the braces (bracket pads and wires) to the shape of your teeth and placed to optimize your personal oral health.
The following are just a few of the advantages associated with incognito hidden braces:
- The discreet nature renders the braces virtually invisible;
- Fully customized to suit your specific oral health requirements;
- Patients generally experience less discomfort;
- They are as effective as traditional braces and comparable in speed, working faster than Invisalign;
- They are an excellent option for professional individuals required to speak in front of groups of people on a regular basis;
- Incognito hidden braces have an easier application than traditional braces;
- Dr. Picard has completed specialized training and is 100% formally certified to offer this type of orthodontic treatment to her patients;
- You’ll experience new found confidence from your beautiful and improved smile.
In more critical circumstances, extra appliances may be required on the outside of the teeth; however, these appliances remain natural aesthetic wise, and blend well with your natural teeth.